About the Program
Announcing a new format: Financial Matters and its sister program, Marketing Matters will now be presented two times a year. The curriculum has been updated and will be presented in an accelerated format of five workshops over 10 weeks. Read more to learn about the program and how to enroll.
Financial Matter$ mentoring program links a woman business owner with a team of professionals who are experts in the fields of finance – accountants and banking. Working from an established curriculum, the facilitators and mentors guide women business owners through how to use financial and accounting information to improve management and business decisions.
The Financial Matter$ program is suited to any business from emerging through accomplished.
Applications for Spring 2017 are being accepted through April 7.
Program dates for 2017:
- Spring: May 3, May 17, May 31, June 14 and June 28
Applications for Late Summer 2017 are being accepted through July 14.
- Late Summer: July 26, August 9, August 23, September 6, and September 20
You and your business should meet the following criteria to be eligible to participate:
- You own 50 percent or more of the company and actively manage it
- The business has been operational for at least six months
- Under your management, the business has generated sales
- If the owner and business meet these criteria, the owner may assign participation in the program to an employee or share participation with a co-owner at no additional cost.
- Utilize an accounting system capable of producing financial statements such as a cash flow, income statement and balance sheet
Cost: The program fee is $200 / $150 for Chamber members. Acceptance into the program includes a $100 non-refundable deposit due with the application and payment of the balance of the program fee by the date of the first workshop. The program fee is tax deductible as a business expense.
NOTE: If you take both Marketing and Financial Matters in succession you will receive a 10% on the combined fee. Full payment for both programs due by the first workshop of the first program.
To apply, please download and complete the application (fillable PDF format). Applications will be considered complete upon receipt of the $100 deposit. Please mail a check to:
Jacksonville Women’s Business Center
3 Independent Drive
Jacksonville FL 32202
Phone: (904) 366-6640
For information, email Kathy or call her at (904) 366.6633.
Please see the calendar for specific program deadlines and dates.
Are you interested in being a mentor for Financial Matter$? Click here to download a mentor application.