About the Program
Announcing a new format: Marketing Matters and its sister program, Financial Matters will now be presented two times a year. The curriculum has been updated and will be presented in an accelerated format of five workshops over five weeks. Read more to learn about the program and how to enroll.
Marketing Matters℠ mentoring program links a woman business owner with a team of professionals who are experts in the fields of marketing – strategy, public relations, web development, social media and much more. Working from an established curriculum, the facilitator and mentors guide women business owners through the development of a marketing plan unique to her business and based on her stated goals.
Access to Tailored Expertise
A pre-program assessment allows our facilitator and staff to select mentors from a pool of local marketing and public relations experts and match them to each woman’s specific needs. It also helps determine what level of instruction each participant needs. The program is personalized to each woman business owner and her personal pain points. Mentoring teams meet monthly, communicate frequently, attend learning events and celebrate the woman business owner’s achievements at a recognition event.
What You’ll Learn
- Your unique brand and how to build and promote it
- Who your customers are and how they view your business
- Your marketing strategy’s tools, tactics and techniques
- Using social media, digital marketing and your website to promote your business
- Learn about search engine optimization (SEO) and key words and the role they play in marketing your business
- How to measure your marketing’s effectiveness
- You will create a custom marketing plan for your company that can be implemented immediately
Is the Marketing Matters℠ mentoring program for you?
You and your business should meet the following criteria to be eligible to participate:
- You own 50 percent or more of the company and actively manage it
- The business operational or you have a firm start date
- If the owner and business meet these criteria, the owner may assign participation in the program to an employee or share participation with a co-owner at no additional cost.
Applications for Summer 2017 are being accepted through August 11.
Program dates for 2017: You asked, we listened. Marketing Matters is being presented in the evening.
- Late Summer: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Thursdays, August 24, August 31, September 7, September 14 and September 21. All classes will be held at Lions Share Co-work Space, located at 14333 Beach Blvd, Suite 33. JAX 32250, at Beach Blvd. and San Pablo Road.
Cost: The program fee is $200 / $150 for Chamber members. Acceptance into the program includes a $100 non-refundable deposit due with the application and payment of the balance of the program fee by the date of the first workshop. The program fee is tax deductible as a business expense. (payment schedules are available)
NOTE: If you take both Marketing and Financial Matters in succession you will receive a 10% on the combined fee. Full payment for both programs due by the first workshop of the first program.
To apply, please download and submit the application (fillable PDF format). Applications will be considered complete upon receipt of the deposit. Please mail a check to:
Jacksonville Women’s Business Center Attention Kathy Bolesworth
3 Independent Drive
Jacksonville FL 32202
Or pay online Choose Jacksonville Women’s Business Center and specify “Marketing Matters Deposit”
For information, email Kathy or call her at (904) 366-6633.
Are you interested in being a mentor for Marketing Matters? Contact Kathy