About the Program
Announcing a new format: Marketing Matters and its sister program, Financial Matters will now be presented two times a year. The curriculum has been updated and will be presented in an accelerated format of five workshops over 10 weeks. Read more to learn about the program and how to enroll.
Marketing Matters℠ mentoring program links a woman business owner with a team of professionals who are experts in the fields of marketing – strategy, public relations, web development, social media and much more. Working from an established curriculum, the facilitator and mentors guide women business owners through the development of a marketing plan unique to her business and based on her stated goals.
Access to Tailored Experts
A pre-program assessment allows our facilitator and staff to select mentors from a pool of local marketing and public relations experts and match them to each woman’s specific needs. It also helps determine what level of instruction each participant needs. The program is personalized to each woman business owner and her personal pain points. Mentoring teams meet monthly, communicate frequently, attend learning events and celebrate the woman business owner’s achievements at a recognition event.
What You’ll Learn
- Your unique brand and how to build and promote it
- Who your customers are and how they view your business
- Your marketing strategy’s tools, tactics and techniques
- Using social media, digital marketing and your website to promote your business
- Learn about search engine optimization (SEO) and key words and the role they play in marketing your business
- How to measure your marketing’s effectiveness
- You will create a custom marketing plan for your company that can be implemented immediately
Is the Marketing Matters℠ mentoring program for you?
You and your business should meet the following criteria to be eligible to participate:
- You own 50 percent or more of the company and actively manage it
- The business has been operational for at least six months
- Under your management, the business has generated generated sales
- If the owner and business meet these criteria, the owner may assign participation in the program to an employee or share participation with a co-owner at no additional cost.
Applications for 2017 are being accepted through January 18.
Program dates for 2017:
- Late Summer: August 16, August 30, September 13, September 27 and October 11
Cost: The program fee is $200 / $150 for Chamber members. Acceptance into the program includes a $100 non-refundable deposit due with the application and payment of the balance of the program fee by the date of the first workshop. The program fee is tax deductible as a business expense.
NOTE: If you take both Marketing and Financial Matters in succession you will receive a 10% on the combined fee. Full payment for both programs due by the first workshop of the first program.
To apply, please download and submit the application (fillable PDF format). Applications will be considered complete upon receipt of the $100 deposit. Please mail a check to:
Jacksonville Women’s Business Center
3 Independent Drive
Jacksonville FL 32202
Phone: (904) 366-6640
For information, email Kathy or call her at (904) 366-6633.
Please see the calendar for specific program deadlines and dates.
Are you interested in being a mentor for Marketing Matters? Click here to download and mentor application.