Northeast Florida’s premier mentoring program, ATHENAPowerLink®, is designed to increase the growth and profitability of women-owned businesses. In a recent national ATHENAPowerLink® survey, 93% of participants made significant changes to their businesses, and business owners experienced an average of 88% growth in sales and 38% growth in net income.
This internationally renowned advisory program guides women business owners in defining and achieving tangible goals by providing them with access to a team of experienced business advisors for one year. Participants of ATHENAPowerLink® learn to network, access capital and implement best practices from these volunteer advisors. Advisors are hand selected – based on the specific needs of the participants – from local leaders and industry professionals that possess high levels of expertise.
The ATHENAPowerLink® program has an in-depth application process which includes business financials, plans, etc… to assist the selection panel in determining how to best accommodate each business owner. In addition, applicants are subject to an on-site visit to see the business and observe employees and operations.
JWBC is the only organization in Northeast Florida licensed to offer the internationally acclaimed ATHENAPowerLink® program and is currently expanding upon the ATHENA International Suite of services to further promote women entrepreneurs in the Northeast Florida region.
DOES YOUR BUSINESS QUALIFY?
To qualify for selection as an ATHENAPowerLink® Jacksonville Business Owner, a business must meet the following criteria:
- Is at least 51% owned and actively managed by a woman or women.
- Has been in business for a minimum of two years.
- Has a minimum of two full-time employees (including the owner) or a number of part-time employees whose total work hours add up to two full-time positions.
- Has annual revenues of at least $250,000 for retail or manufacturing businesses, or at least $100,000 for service businesses.
- The owner must have clearly defined objectives and specific reasons for seeking an advisory panel.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Fill out an application so we can learn more about you and your business.
Upon completing an application, anticipate the following:
- 48 hours – Application is received by the Governing Body.
- 2-4 weeks – Applications are reviewed by the Governing Body.
- Within 30-60 days – Governing Body contacts applicants, requesting an interview.
- 60 days – If applicant is accepted into the program, panel leader and advisors are identified. If not accepted, we will work with you to identify how to become eligible in the future.
- 60-90 days – Once the panel is identified, an onsite kick-off meeting will take place with the Women Business Owner (WBO).
- 12 months – Graduation from the program.
- Expect to dedicate 5-10 hours a month to the program. Time spent is dependent on your engagement with the panel advisors.
**Note: all information provided to ATHENAPowerLink® Jacksonville is strictly confidential. For any questions or concerns, please contact our Jacksonville Women’s Business Center, Programs Coordinator, Anamaria Contreras, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-366-6633.
The Jacksonville Women’s Business Center is a program of the Jacksonville Chamber Foundation, Inc. a 501(c)(3) organization. The Women’s Business Center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement between the U.S. Small Business Administration and the JAX Chamber Foundation. The SBA’s cooperation does not constitute or imply its endorsement of any opinions, products or services. All SBA funded programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable arrangements for person(s) with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. To make arrangements, please contact us. email@example.com